Place I call Home



I see no charm in the brimming river

or ecstatic tune in the thunderstorm,

nor melody in the skylark’s song,

I just miss my home.


I am exulted not by the sight of shiny gravels,

neither the winding brook with frothy foam

or the mirthful breeze that sweeps along

but the place I call home.


I don’t long for rainbows arching over the vales,

or moon poised in her silvery throne,

but a warm cuddle to my kids

Back at home.


I’d rather listen to the plates clatter

than the nightingale’s song,

deafening wail of my daughter

 is melodious than its tone.


But I have an important job to do,

Safeguarding my larger home, my country,

Few months away from my little home...

Until my Nation’s pandemic-free! 


Karma Thukten

2nd of August, 2021

Maokhola II Outpost

Gelephu, Sarpang.

Comments